Updated Dec 31, 2019: As we head into the new year we’re working on different improvements for our Brainiac Android software and wanted to share with the community what the items are that are currently on the list of things to be tackled in version 3.9. This list is a constant work in progress based on feedback, timing and other factors so it’s subject to change at any time 🙂
We’ll also be opening up a software beta program for those who wish to be early adopters to test out the fixes and new functionality before official release.
- Single Zone Climate User Interface: To support different vehicle climate control from Brainiac we need to support vehicles with both dual and single zone. Some example vehicles with single zone are the 05-07 WRX/STI, G35 Coupe and Nissan 370Z with navigation.
- CANBus Climate Control Integration: There are various vehicles that utilize CANBus to drive, or display, climate control data. We’re working on the software interface between the tablet and the CANBus integration board. Sample vehicles are: G37, G35, 370Z with navigation, Nissan GTR and Genesis Coupe
- Verify Relay Interface: With our all-in-one relay accessory just about ready to roll, we’re making sure that the software interfaces with this hardware are working as expected.
- Uninstall Application: Ability to request the system to uninstall an application from the application grid.
- Select Quick Launch as Default: Application now starts up with the last active view. If that was the Quick Launch then it will open up at the Quick launch. [Available in 3.9 Beta 1]
- New Setting for Celsius Display: Ability in settings to display Celsius for climate control instead of Fahrenheit. [Available in 3.9 Beta 1]
- New Setting for 24 Hour Clock: Ability in settings to display the clock in 24 hour format. [Available in 3.9 Beta 1]
- Screen Brightness Control: Ability to set the screen brightness based on time of day.
- Reverse Camera Display: Ability to detect and display reverse camera video
- Software Intermittently Crashing: We’ve had a report of where the software will intermittently crash. We “believe” this is due to how we are pulling the the application icons into the grid for display. This can cause delays in the software making the system think the application is unresponsive, thus forcing it to close, and can also be memory intensive. [Available in 3.9 Beta 1]
- Delay or “echo” when Pressing Media Buttons: We have a report of the media buttons having extreme delays when pressing play/pause/skip. Extreme as in not being even able to stop music from playing when pressed. We “believe” this is a side effect of the issue listed above and think if the above issue is corrected, it should also correct this issue. [Available in 3.9 Beta 1]
- Pause/Play Not working when Headphone Jack Plugged-in: This seems to be only an issue on a specific model variation of Tab 4 running Android 4.4.2. What seems to be happening is that multiple calls to pause/play are either being sent or received resulting in the second call disabling the first.
- Gestures stop working: We have a report of gesture based navigation stopping even though everything is enabled on the system (permissions granted for navigation, and permissions for accessibility are correct). This seems to stop working sometimes when “clear” is selected for notifications.
- Show/Hide App Scrolling Issue: When toggling app icon visibility the application grid can sometimes end up showing blank space and not scrolling back to the top.
So there you have it… the list of things we’re attempting to tackle in version 3.9 🙂